International Baccalaureate is a curriculum that is followed globally. Introduced by a Swiss gentleman in 1968, it aims to provide quality education and work for the integrated development of the child. IB is now present in more than 150 countries and is a popular educational curriculum. It has one of a kind educational curriculum as it provides opportunities a lot more than the standard national boards.
IB Programmes focus on all the areas, be it theoretical, extra-curricular, or practical. IB’s curriculum is divided into three programmes, which include the Primary Years Programme (PYP), Middle Years Programme (MYP) and the Diploma Programme (DP). Most of the international schools offer IB programs.
IB stepped onto the shores of India in 1976, and since then the number of schools affiliated with the board has continuously been growing. So, if you are searching for a program for a child aged 3-12, primary years program is the one.
Primary years program helps the child in the following ways:
- The Primary Years Programme is maintained and supported by an international organization of the highest repute, creating a well resourced, stable, and secure platform for the children. IB is an integral part of a worldwide community of educators and schools specializing in international education.
- One of the most significant advantages of PYP is that it gives an academic edge to the students. Research has demonstrated that PYP provides substantial educational benefits to students across the globe.
- For instance, the International Schools Assessment (ISA) observed the performance of IB PYP students in Literacy and Mathematics and compare it to their non-IB peers across Europe, Africa, America, Oceania, and Asia. The study showed that ‘IB students surpassed their non-IB peers in a majority of levels’. At the same time, the PYP program nurtures independent learning skills which encourage students to take lifelong responsibility for their learning process.
- For global mobile families, PYP is a great option as it is transferable in nature, though its implementation may differ from school to school. This is one significant advantage as this gives parents assurance about the continuity of schooling of their children.
- An ultimate advantage of the PYP is that the program is bolstered by continuous and extensive research in pedagogy and curriculum. The PYP program is informed by global best practices in learning and teaching. Teachers in PYP often engage in professional development globally to maintain the highest standards of education for the holistic development of students.
The benefits mentioned above clearly states that the IB PYP program is taking primary education to a whole new level. If you are looking for one of the best International Baccalaureate schools in Mumbai, Mount Litera School International (MLSI) is the one. The school offers a happy and secure environment for the students.
MLSI defines the learning environment as not only the physical campus but the emotional and cultural one as well. Their learning process is dynamic. The school involves its students in several activities like digital art, martial arts, robotics, pottery, aerial silks, taekwondo, among many others. The programmes desire to instil a love for learning, the integrity of character, and confidence in their students. MLSI’s unique features are the reason that it is the best IB school in Mumbai.