Whether you are renovating your house or constructing a new one, hardwood can be an attractive and reliable flooring choice. As its name suggests, hardwood timber flooring is made up of hardwood. People have been using this wood to construct their flooring for centuries. It is a popular choice of flooring among homeowners due to its looks, charm and durability. Flooring made up of hardwood gives a comfortable and warm feeling on your feet. It not only enhances the overall aesthetic value of your space but also makes it a more comfortable place to live in. Here are a few reasons why you should think about installing this flooring in your home interiors.
Features of Hardwood Timber
Since hardwood is taken from slow-growing trees, it is one of the most popular, rare and expensive timber options. However, it is highly complicated, cumbersome, sophisticated and beautiful, all of which justify its high cost. Hardwood has a more complex structure, due to which it grows slower than softwood. It is also found to be denser, harder and more diverse than its softer counterpart. Due to its high tensile strength, good looks and durability, hardwood is used in a wide range of applications, including construction, making furniture, building boats, making musical instruments, manufacturing coal, etc. Let’s find out some benefits of making flooring with hardwood timber.
Benefits of Hardwood Flooring
Here are a few benefits of hardwood that you must consider while choosing a flooring option for your home:
- It has great looks: Flooring made up of hardwood looks elegant and offers beauty and warmth to your interiors. The look of wood never goes out of fashion. Hardwood flooring is also known to make the room look more spacious than it actually is.
- It is strong and durable: High-quality hardwood timber flooring that is manufactured and installed as per industry standards can last for generations. Because it is durable, hard-wearing and tough, it is able to withstand a great degree of foot traffic too. That is why it can also be a good flooring option for retail stores and commercial spaces.
- It is easy to clean: Since hardwood does not easily accumulate dust, dirt and debris, it is a very easy flooring option to keep clean. Moping, vacuuming and drying the flooring once in a week are enough to clean and maintain it.
- It is easy to install: High-quality hardwood flooring is properly milled to give it a stable and uniform fit. However, the choice of unfinished or pre-finished flooring depends on your personal preference.
- It maintains indoor air quality: Flooring made up of hardwood is a great choice for improved air quality in the indoors. Since hardwood has a smooth surface, it has no grout lines or fibres to trap pollen, dust, allergens and animal dander. If you have an allergy sufferer in your home, then there can be no better flooring option for you than hardwood timber.
- It absorbs sounds better: Since hardwood is dense and hard, it offers better acoustic properties to your interiors. It does not give you sound vibrations or hollow sounds.
- It is ageless: While other flooring options start looking old and worn out after a few years, hardwood flooring still looks beautiful. In fact, the value of your hardwood floor increases with time. If you think that your flooring needs an update, you can quickly get it refinished instead of replacing it.
Hardwood timber is available in a wide range of colours, stains, species and styles. You have the option to choose between unfinished and pre-finished floors too. In the long run, hardwood flooring turns out to be a long-term investment for you. Although it is expensive to install, it increases your property’s value and saves your money on cleaning, maintaining and replacing it too. So, what are you waiting for? Contact a hardwood supplier now and ask them to show you the options available.